Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Round and Round We Go...

Do you ever have one of those weeks where it seems like you fall asleep even before your head hits the pillow? And then the next instant the alarm is going off? Those days seem all too commonplace for me as of late. Work is busy, no insane. Phones ring at all hours of the day; e-mails flood the inbox like snow melting in spring. The office is a busy hub of coordination. The re-vamped marketing plan seems to have taken complete hold which is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's great to have this much work and lots more coming in. The flip side though is the tyranny of the urgent. I must be careful not to let all of the little day-to-day items take over the big picture. As a business owner, I must be concerned not only with the job today, but the job tomorrow, next week, and next month. I must be concerned about taking care of clients; past, present, and future. I must communicate clearly to my client's and staff. These items often seem never-ending, but I rest in the peace that God has given me, knowing that I'm called to be an entrepreneur.

In the midst of the mundane Mondays, Tuesdays, or whatever-days; I trust that He will continue to bless my company as I strive to be a great owner, leader, and friend

No comments: