Wednesday, April 2, 2008

General Reflections

There is a line in the movie Hitch where Will Smith says: "In my head...I didn't see it going that way." In our human perspective we see things going one way in our head, yet they play out completely different in real life. Why? Is it because we are inherently selfish? Or perhaps because we can't truly view how others perceive things? Philippians tells us to look out for the "interests of others." It is frustrating beyond measure when we try to do this and fail. I'm trying to truly look at things from others perspectives but actions and words still get misconstrued. Do you ever get the feeling sometimes people stop listening, stop thinking, and stop reasoning. It doesn't matter what you say they aren't listening. Period. They don't care what you have to say. This is frustrating. When misunderstandings occur with those around me I will try to understand where they are coming from because I've been on the other side.

We are imperfect beings thus we will fail and misunderstandings will happen....yet I'm weary of being misunderstood.

No comments: